Discover the story of Hoorn: the starting point to discover the city
While the museum buildings at Roode Steen are being renovated, we will remain active. We have opened a new crowd pleaser in the Statenpoort on Nieuwstraat. The Scheepenen kamer (Aldermen’s Hall) of the former Hoorn Town Hall has been transformed into a small theatre. There you will experience the multimedia show ‘Discover the story of Hoorn’: the inspiring starting point for discovering the city. Afterwards, walk through the monumental wealth and discover Hoorn’s eventful history with the accompanying podwalk or walking guide. After all, history is in the streets in Hoorn …
Plan your visit
- Tuesday:10 am – 4 pm
- Wednesday:10 am – 4 pm
- Thursday:10 am – 4 pm
- Friday:10 am – 4 pm
- Saturday:10 am – 4 pm
- Sunday:10 am – 4 pm
- Adults: 7,50
- Youths: 2,50
- Dutch Museumcard: free
- Nieuwstraat 23
- 1621 EA Hoorn
From the Hoorn Railway Station:
- Walking: approx. 10 minutes. Plan your walking route via Google Maps here.
- Cycling: approx. 5 minutes. It is possible to rent a bicycle at the station.
- By Bus: Connexxion bus 14 to Hoorn Kersenboogerd station, exit at stop ‘Gedempte Turfhaven’. From there it’s a two-minute walk. Plan your route with public transport here.
- By Taxi: about 5 minutes
- Plan your route via Google Maps here.
- By Car: the most convenient place to park is at Car Park ‘t Jeudje. From there, it is about a three-minute walk to the Statenpoort. To ‘Parking at Jeudje’
- By Coach: you are not allowed to enter the centre of Hoorn with a coach, unless you apply for a special exemption. Coaches can park on Nieuwe Wal/Julianapark, from where it is a 15-minute walk. To apply for an exemption for a Coach.